The web page
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.htmlas well as the main web page at the U.S. Department of State at
http://travel.state.govhave information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. These sites also have links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. We can however issue a visa support letter.
- ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
- For visa support letters, refer all requests to supportletters at acm.org. Those requesting a letter should allow up to one week to receive it. All requests are handled in the order that they are received. The information below should be included with the request.
For Visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services (supportletters at acm.org) with the following information:
- Name (as it appears on attendee's passport) and mailing address.
- The name of the conference that the attendee is registering for.
- Attendee's registration confirmation number.
- Authors may indicate their paper title. Speakers can provide the title of their talk.
- Include a fax number or email address of where the letter can be sent.
The above is based upon accurate information from ACM and that was last updated by ACM in December 2014.